ONS have announced plans to hold two Census Analysis workshops that will include:
- an overview of what the Census has told us so far
- how to make the most of Census data
- future plans for data releases and analysis
These events will be held in Manchester on 18 July and London 24 July, attendance is free and bookings made by emailing ONS.
NRS are currently consulting on the Beyond 2011 programme and have planned a series of workshops next month to aid their research. The workshops will be held in Edinburgh on the 19th and 21st February, with morning and afternoon sessions on both days. To reserve a place simply contact the Beyond2011 team indicating which day and session you wish to attend.
More information regarding the event can be found on the Beyond2011 Events page.
The slides (pdf) from the repeat of the 2011 Census Outputs and Dissemination roadshow event held last week have been distributed by ONS.
ONS are running a repeat of the April 2012 Outputs and Dissemination roadshows on Thursday 14 June at City Hall, London, SE1 2AA. The meeting runs from 9.30 to 12.15 (registration from 9.00) and you can register to attend by emailing 2011.Census.LA.Liaison@ons.gov.uk.
The agenda will include:
- an update of progress for the production of 2011 Census population estimates
- detailed explanation of the 2011 Census outputs prospectus
- explanation of the planned new online tools and functionality to help users access and exploit 2011 Census data, and other specific datasets
- a summary of feedback and comments from the April roadshows
ONS are running a 2011 Census analytical products workshop on 21 March 2012, 10-3 at Britannia Hotel, Portland Street, Manchester, M1 3LA. This will be the same as the previous workshop held in London back in October last year (the materials from which can be found here) and will deal with ONS’ current proposals for 2011 Census analytical products. If you are interested in attending email firstname.lastname@example.org, places are on a first come, first served basis.
ONS have published the materials and Q&As from the Oct/Nov workshops relating to the specialist 2011 Census outputs. Some of this are available from the ONS website but you may also download these as zip files below.
– Small population outputs (24/10/11)
– Analytic products (25/10/11)
– Origin & Destination products (26/10/11)
– Microdata products (11/11/11)
ONS have added the slides (under ‘downloads’) from the September 2011 Operations to Outputs roadshow events. The events provided a very useful overview of the Census process for both new and experienced users. For those who couldn’t make it the agenda covered:
- Address register
- Engagement & Comms
- Field Operations
- Data Proccessing
- Estimating the Population
- Census Outputs