ONS have just published two reports as part of the 2011 Census evaluation programme:
- overall, 16% completed Census questionnaires online in England & Wales
- 30% of respondents aged 26-35 choose to complete the questionnaire online instead of paper, whilst less than 10% aged over 65 did
- the Borough of Tower Hamlets in London had the highest online response rate at 29%, whilst Blaenau Gwent in Wales had the lowest at 10%
- Lower SOAs (34,378 in E&W) online response rates varied from 69% to 5% and ward (8,483 in E&W) response rates varied from 43% to 6%
More information is available from the ONS website.
2. A second report relates to the written translation support services available during the 2011 Census campaign. Fifty-six languages were supported by this service and the evidence used to estimate this need is presented. Again, further information is available from the ONS website.