ONS published a 2011 Census update letter earlier this afternoon, reporting on imminent plans for Census releases 3 and 4. Key points from this letter are:
- Non-UK born short-term residents and detailed tables relating to Passports Held, Country of Birth, and National Identity will be released 26 March.
- Release 3 will now be Detailed Characteristics at local authority level, followed by MSOA and Ward geographies, and will begin in May.
- Local Characteristics data will now be Release 4 (summer).
- More details of the exact timings of these releases are expected in April.
As usual, all of the above data will be available through SASPAC.
Key Statistics for National Parks data is now available to download! This file contains data for the 10 National Parks in England and 3 National Parks in Wales.
National Assembly for Wales Constituencies & Electoral Regions has also recently been made available for download, and several updates have been made to existing downloadable data (including Output Areas by region and the All Geographies bulk download). For more details on recent updates, check the Corrections and Updates Log.
Key Statistics and Quick Statistics for the following geographies will be released soon:
- Postcode Sectors
- Workplace Zones (sorry…but not until early 2014 we’re afraid!)
Building on the current System Files (.sys) downloads available for various geographies in England & Wales, new data is now available to download!
- USOAs (Wales only)
- Parliamentary Constituencies
- Parishes in England & Communities in Wales
- Primary Care Organisations (PCOs) in England/Local Health Boards (LHB) in Wales and Strategic Health Authorities (SHA) in England
In addition, ONS recently notified Census users of an error relating to Quick Statistics table QS203EW (Detailed Country of Birth). The error was present across all Census releases on the ONS website (including bulk data outputs) going back to December 2012. SASPAC has corrected these tables and, to assist users data management, is maintaining a list of all data corrections/re-releases (.xls) on our website. Following its recent release, this and previous data may be accessed using SASPAC v9.80.
ONS also published the following datasets earlier today:
- KS for National Parks in England and Wales
- KS and QS for Postcode Sectors
- KS and QS for National Assembly for Welsh Constituencies
The SASPAC team are currently processing the data, which will be available for download shortly.
ONS published the latest release of 2011 Census data on the 30 January 2013. This included 104 Census tables (35 Key Statistics (KS), 68 Quick Statistics(QS) and one Commissioned Table) for the Output Area (OA, Lower SOA and Middle SOA) and Ward geography hierarchies in England & Wales. This builds on the local authority KS and QS tables released on 11 December 2012. A list of tables available in this release can be found here (.xls), as well as the table layouts (.xls).
To access these new tables the SASPAC team have prepared and provided an updated version of the application (v9.80), which is available for download. In addition, all the SASPAC System files have been added to our data page and may be downloaded (Please be aware of the file sizes when downloading).
If you have any issues relating to this release or the Census date available please contact the helpdesk.