The Scottish Census has released more data collected during Scotland’s 2011 Census. The release, 1C (part 1), which can be downloaded here, includes:-
- unrounded estimates of the usually resident population and households of Scotland and each Council and Health Board Area, by single year of age and sex;
- unrounded estimates of the usually resident population of Scotland and each council area on Census day, by whether living in a household or communal establishment.
Plans for the future release of data from the Scottish Census can found here, in summary:
- 15th August 2013- Population and household estimates by Postcodes, Output Areas and Datazones, as well as other geography products (lookup tables and boundary files).
- (from) late September 2013- Key and Quick Statistics and Census Profiles.
- Autumn 2013- Local Characteristics and Local Themes.
- Winter 2013/14- Detailed Characteristics and Themes.
ONS have just announced the Census release schedule for the next six months, more details are on the ONS website but you’ll find a short summary below:
- 31 July 2013- LC on Ethnicity, Identity, Language and Religion for Output Areas in England and Wales.
- 30 August 2013- LC on Health and Unpaid Care for Output Areas in England and Wales. DC for demography and families for MSOAs and wards in England and Wales.
- September 2013- LC on labour market and qualifications. DC for communal establishments for MSOAs and wards in England and Wales.
- November 2013- DC for labour market and qualifications for MSOAs and wards in England and Wales.
- December 2013- LC on housing and demography for Output Areas in England and Wales.
- January 2014- LC on labour market and qualifications for Output Areas in England and Wales.
- February 2014- DC for travel to work and armed forces for MSOAs and wards in England and Wales.
(LC = Local Characteristics, DC = Detailed Characteristics)
Following the publication of the first Scottish Census results today, 2011 Census population and household estimates for the United Kingdom have also been made available by ONS. The original data (.xls format) for the UK and Scotland are available from our 2011 Data page.
ONS have also launched the UK Census homepage which includes commentary and data visualisations relating to UK-wide Census results. Click the image on the left here to view a map (.pdf), produced by ONS, showing the percentage change between 2001 and 2011 Censuses by UK local authority.