2011 Census: Workday Population Statistics for Middle Layer Super Output Areas (MSOAs) and Output Areas in England and Wales (Part 2)
A production error was discovered in table WD1101EW. The workday populations for eight Output Areas were incorrect – with some cells containing inconsistent counts for age or sex categories that did not sum to the total population. The eight Output Areas affected were: E00015045, E00023289, E00049002, E00159643, E00172150, E00170915, E00172167, E00174876 (across LB of Kingston and Wandsworth, Warwick, and Coventry) . Correcting the figures for these areas has resulted in changes to the figures for five Middle Layer Super Output Areas (MSOAs).
The SASPAC team have corrected these System files and updated the Workday tables for MSOAs in England and OA in West Midlands and London. The new System files may be downloaded from here.
NRS have discovered an error in the original published versions of tables including information on country of birth, the tables involved were released in the following:
- 26 September 2013 – Release 2A – KS204SC, QS203SC, national level summary table on country of birth
- 27 February 2014 – Release 3A – DC2205SC
- 19 March 2014 – Release 3B – DC2103SC, DC2207SC, DC2212SC, DC2802SC
However, all of these tables have now been updated in SASPAC and new System files can be downloaded from our website (here).
Building on the current System Files (.sys) downloads available for various geographies in England & Wales, new data is now available to download!
- USOAs (Wales only)
- Parliamentary Constituencies
- Parishes in England & Communities in Wales
- Primary Care Organisations (PCOs) in England/Local Health Boards (LHB) in Wales and Strategic Health Authorities (SHA) in England
In addition, ONS recently notified Census users of an error relating to Quick Statistics table QS203EW (Detailed Country of Birth). The error was present across all Census releases on the ONS website (including bulk data outputs) going back to December 2012. SASPAC has corrected these tables and, to assist users data management, is maintaining a list of all data corrections/re-releases (.xls) on our website. Following its recent release, this and previous data may be accessed using SASPAC v9.80.
ONS also published the following datasets earlier today:
- KS for National Parks in England and Wales
- KS and QS for Postcode Sectors
- KS and QS for National Assembly for Welsh Constituencies
The SASPAC team are currently processing the data, which will be available for download shortly.