In January 2015 ONS held a 2011 Census Outputs Evaluation workshop at City Hall, London. The meeting was an opportunity for reprsentatives from local authorities, business, academic and third sector Census users to feedback their experiences from 2011 to the Census Offices. Each sector presented their opinion of what ‘went well’ and what lessons need to be learnt for 2021. All the slides and a report (.pdf) from the day have now been published on the ONS website.
Callum Foster also shared some of ONS’ early thoughts on the potential data delivery channels we can expect following 2021:
Callum’s slides can be downloaded here (1MB .ppt)
ONS have announced plans to hold two Census Analysis workshops that will include:
- an overview of what the Census has told us so far
- how to make the most of Census data
- future plans for data releases and analysis
These events will be held in Manchester on 18 July and London 24 July, attendance is free and bookings made by emailing ONS.
NRS are currently consulting on the Beyond 2011 programme and have planned a series of workshops next month to aid their research. The workshops will be held in Edinburgh on the 19th and 21st February, with morning and afternoon sessions on both days. To reserve a place simply contact the Beyond2011 team indicating which day and session you wish to attend.
More information regarding the event can be found on the Beyond2011 Events page.
The slides (pdf) from the repeat of the 2011 Census Outputs and Dissemination roadshow event held last week have been distributed by ONS.
ONS are running a repeat of the April 2012 Outputs and Dissemination roadshows on Thursday 14 June at City Hall, London, SE1 2AA. The meeting runs from 9.30 to 12.15 (registration from 9.00) and you can register to attend by emailing 2011.Census.LA.Liaison@ons.gov.uk.
The agenda will include:
- an update of progress for the production of 2011 Census population estimates
- detailed explanation of the 2011 Census outputs prospectus
- explanation of the planned new online tools and functionality to help users access and exploit 2011 Census data, and other specific datasets
- a summary of feedback and comments from the April roadshows
ONS are running a 2011 Census analytical products workshop on 21 March 2012, 10-3 at Britannia Hotel, Portland Street, Manchester, M1 3LA. This will be the same as the previous workshop held in London back in October last year (the materials from which can be found here) and will deal with ONS’ current proposals for 2011 Census analytical products. If you are interested in attending email email@example.com, places are on a first come, first served basis.
ONS have published the materials and Q&As from the Oct/Nov workshops relating to the specialist 2011 Census outputs. Some of this are available from the ONS website but you may also download these as zip files below.
– Small population outputs (24/10/11)
– Analytic products (25/10/11)
– Origin & Destination products (26/10/11)
– Microdata products (11/11/11)