SASPAC v9.93 is now available to download to our all users, this includes:
- Scottish Census releases I, j and k (41 DC and 43 LC tables)
- 2011 ONS Flow data: Public and Safeguarded*
- 2013 Mid-Year Population estimates (single year of age by sex for OAs and higher geographies)
*The first Safeguarded OD tables have begun to be released via the UK Data Service: 8 migration tables relating to OAs and merged ward geographies were released on 3/12/14. There is a plan to publish around 200 tables via this route between January-March next year. Remember there are additional terms and conditions regarding the use of these statistics and we will be providing more details in a blog post soon.
A release note with update instructions can be found here, whilst the relevant SASPAC System files for E&W can be found here and the Scottish data here.
We have recently developed more training videos. Please take a look on our page to view these great step-by-step videos now currently available.
The most recent videos added are:
Part B and
This module shows you how to work with origin-destination dataset sets including filtering the data, rezoning to asymmetric zones and outputting the data into either an Excel pivot table or into Mapshore.
The SASPAC team have integrated the latest Scottish Census Release 3G and H tables into the application and these are now available to. Users will need to download the latest System files and update their version of the application to access these new tables. Details on how to update the software can be found here.
Release 3G and H were published on 23 July and 13 August:
- Release 3G: 12 Detailed Characteristic and 8 Local Characteristic tables (published on 23/7/14); tables relate to Labour Market and Education.
- Release 3H: 12 Detailed Characteristic and 12 Local Characteristic tables (published on 13/8/14); tables relate to Labour Market and Transport.
A list of all the Census tables and geographies currently available can be found here (.xls) If you have any query queries or issues applying this update please do not hesitate to contact the helpdesk.
Recent months have seen a number of datasets released by the Census Offices for England & Wales and Scotland, the SASPAC team have been busy processing and quality assuring this data and are now in a position to release a software update to users. SASPAC v9.90 incorporates all the data tables currently available including the most recent updates:
England & Wales
- 21 Workplace for Output Areas/workplace zones and larger geographies
- 10 Workday tables for Output Areas and larger geographies
- Supplementary Release 2: 3 DC and 8 LC tables (published on 23/5/14)
- 6 Armed Forces tables for LA*
- QS613EW – detailed Country of birth table for LAs
*published for a limited number of LAs due to disclosure control
- Release 3f: 16 Detailed & 8 Local Characteristic tables relating to health, housing, population and diversity)
Here is a list of all the tables and datasets currently available for E&W (.xls) and Scotland (.xls).
In addition, the SASPAC team have also Incorporated the ONS Mid-year population estimate data from 2001 to 2012 for Output and higher geographies in E&W.
Users will need to download a small update to upgrade to v9.90, instructions on how to this can be found in the following Release note (.pdf).
Please let us know ASAP if you would like to book onto our
21st July SASPAC training course taking place at City Hall.
The course is aimed at people who are new to the software or who would just like a refresher course.
A typical SASPAC training session will provide users with an introduction to the 2011 Census and enable them to select, print, manipulate, export and map data relevant to their area of interest.
If you would like to preview our latest SASPAC training manual please just visit here.
In preparation for the publication 2011 origin destination data, the SASPAC team are currently preparing a half day training course to allow users to take full advantage of this powerful new data set.
Keep an eye on our blog posts for more information!
The SASPAC team have integrated the latest Scottish Census Release 3E tables into the application and these are now available for users to download along with the supporting System files. Users will need to download the latest System files and update their version of the application to access these new tables. Release 3e was published on 4 June and is made up of 12 tables::
- 12 Local Characteristic tables
- 7 Detailed Characteristic tables (3 only available at Scotland and Council area)
In previous blog posts we have mentioned that LC1110SC (Family composition by age of Family Reference Person (FRP)) and DC1120SC (Households with full-time students away from home and age of student by number of students) would be published as part of this release but they will be part of Release 3F, scheduled for the 25 June and will comprise of 29 tables. The SASPAC team will make these tables available to users ASAP after this date.
All of our training videos are basic step by step guides of how to carry out certain modules.
If you are not already aware of what the SASPAC features are then please watch this 2min video clip for a better understanding, you can also access the other training module videos here.
However please take a second to view our latest training video which shows how to output information and map data from SASPAC:
The NRS have begun to release the first 2011 Census cross tabulations (Detailed and Local Characteristics tables) as part of Release 3, these tables are being published between February and August on a topic by topic basis. Previously only univariate tables (Key and Quick Statistics) had been available.
To date, the following tables have been published:
- Release 3a (27/2/14): 10 DC tables
- Release 3b (19/3/14): 9 DC tables and 5 LC tables
- Release 3c (9/4/14): 1 DC table, 13 LC and 3 Quick Statistics tables
- Release 3d (15/5/14): 12 DC tables and 9 LC tables
(DC tables are available for ward/DC sectors and higher geographies, LC tables are available for Output Area and higher geographies).
In total there are now 32 DC, 27 LC, 62 Quick Statistics and 34 Key Statistics tables available for a range of geographies from national down to the Output Area level. A list of all the tables and titles released can be found here (.xls) To support access to these new tables and geographies, the SASPAC team have produced a software update to the current application (v9.85) and supporting System files. Users will need to download the latest System files and update their version of the application to access these new tables.
March and April saw ONS release 65 new Census tables for England and Wales, these included:
- 3.5c – 8 Detailed Characteristic and 1 Quick Statistics table relating to Approximated Social
- 3.6 – 20 Detailed Characteristic tables relating to travel to work and car or van availability (
- Local Authorities only)
- 4.6 – 26 Local Characteristic and 1 Quick Statistics table relating to travel to work and car or
- van availability (Output Areas)
- Supplementary tables on 9/4/14 – 9 Local Characteristic tables relating to a range of topics
To provide access to these tables users will need to update to the v9.85 (April update) available from our software download page and download the latest System files from our Data page. Layouts of these tables can be found below and an Excel file of all the tables released to date can be found here (.xls).
– new Quick Statistics tables (.pdf)
– new Local Characteristics tables (.pdf)
– new Detailed Characteristics tables (.pdf)
Copies of table layouts released to date can also be found on our Support page.
The latest 2011 Census Detailed and Local Characteristics tables are now available to download from the SASPAC website along with a software update (v9.85).
This update incorporates the 2 Detailed Characteristic and 59 Local Characteristic tables published by ONS on 23/01/14 (releases 4.4a and 4.4b)
The updated SASPAC System files are downloadable from our data page and the software updates files/instructions from here.
To help keep users’ up to date with the large number of tables currently available we have also produced a summary of all the tables released by geography here (.xls). Furthermore, table layouts for all the tables so far and those recently published are below:
- Release 4.4a Detailed Characteristic tables layouts all published DC table layouts to date (.pdf)
- Release 4.4a and 4.4b Local Characteristic tables layouts /all published LC table layouts to date (.pdf)
Other table layouts can be found on our Support page.